Source: Get Up and Go Kayaking
When it comes to activities, nothing beats being on the water surrounded by nature – so it’s no surprise that the number one activity in the USA is a glass-bottomed kayak tour!
According to Travel+Leisure, the clear kayak tour through Shell Key Preserve in St. Petersburg, Florida was just rated the best activity in the U.S. by TripAdvisor as part of their “Travelers’ Choice Awards.” Offered by Get Up and Go Kayaking in Tierra Verde, Florida, the tour takes kayakers through mangroves and includes a stop at the idyllic Shell Key.
Garnering over 2,000 five-star TripAdvisor reviews in 2021, travelers can’t get enough of seeing dolphins, rays, manatees, turtles, and even sharks up close thanks to the clear kayaks, Travel+Leisure reports.
The tour is also available at night, giving kayakers a different perspective thanks to LED lights illuminating the water – and wildlife – below.
The clear kayak tour wasn’t the only water activity to make the Travelers’ Choice Awards for Top Overall Experiences in the U.S list. According to TripAdvisor, these are the top ten activities:
1. Clear Kayak Tour of Shell Key Preserve and Tampa Bay Area, Tierra Verde, Florida
2. Fins Course Scenic Zipline Tour, Colorado Springs, Colorado
3. Swim with the Manatees, Crystal River, Florida
4. Classic Waco Tour: Best Sites & TV Highlights in Waco, Waco, Texas
5. Top Rated Wine and Shine Tour, Gatlinburg, Tennessee
6. Moab Extreme 3-Hour Experience, Moab, Utah
7. Red Rock Canyon Electric Bike Half-Day Tour, Las Vegas, Nevada
8. Private Boating on the Black Hurricane Deck Boat, Clearwater Beach, Florida
9. Emerald Cave Kayak Tour, Las Vegas, Nevada
10. Guided Hike Through Peek-a-Boo Slot Canyon, Kanab, Utah