Skiing can be pricey, but if you’re looking to hit the slopes on a budget, vacation rental search engine Holidu has compiled a list of the top ten affordable US ski resorts to help out those of us who don’t want to break the bank.
With the cold air starting to nip at our nose, what better time to start planning your next winter getaway. Read our study to determine which US ski resorts offer the least expensive trips without having to sacrifice on the slopes this season. https://t.co/rQ1b0FaAFb pic.twitter.com/5cMYdbnYEQ
— Holidu (@holidu) December 1, 2021
Holidu surveyed more than 500 American ski resorts to compile its U.S. Ski Price Index and looked at resorts with over 80km of slopes. To compile the ski price index, Holidu calculated the average price per person in both high and low seasons for the ski pass and accommodations.
According to Holidu, these are the top ten Budget-Friendly Ski Resorts:
1. Powder Mountain, Utah: $74 (Average per person per day; ski pass + accommodations)
2. Schweitzer Mountain, Idaho: $78
3. Mt. Hood Meadows, Oregon: $103
4. Alta, Utah: $109
5. Purgatory Resort, Colorado: $110
6. Mt. Baker, Washington: $112
7. Sugarloaf, Maine: $117
8. Mission Ridge, Washington: $125
9. Mt. Bachelor, Oregon: $132
10. Winter Park Resort, Colorado: $135