Source: Disney Parks
With Disneyland and Walt Disney World closed thanks to the coronavirus pandemic, fans are not only missing their favorite rides and characters, but also some of the delicious treats they look forward to devouring during trips to the theme parks.
Disney Parks official blog is looking to bring a little sweetness to homebound Disney fans by sharing the recipe for one of their most popular treats – the Disney churro.
Fortunately, you don’t have to be particularly deft in the kitchen to whip up a batch of the sugary cinnamon morsel of deliciousness and you probably have all the ingredients hanging around in your pantry just waiting to be used.
Disney Parks shared the easy recipe on their official blog, along with a helpful video!
1 cup water
8 tablespoons butter
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
½ cup sugar
1. Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
2. Reduce heat to low.
3. Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
5. Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
6. Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
7. Drain churro bites on paper towel.
8. Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.